Language Online TeacherBACK
Under the supervision of the Team Leader, this position provides individual or group instruction in a virtual learning environment (VLE – Skype, QQ, etc.). VLEs typically provide the tutor with the ability to communicate with students verbally and visually, use a whiteboard, administer tests, post homework assignments, and share resources, such as course material or lecture notes, in a secure and controlled fashion.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITES
- Conducts individual or group classes and delivers lessons online using a virtual learning environment (VLE).
- Creates a virtual environment that considers students’ cultural background, level of language proficiency, abilities and learning styles, and encourages students to be active participants in the learning process.
- Provides constructive feedback to students,
- Administers tests online, and corrects written assignments when necessary.
- Completes student lesson records and work reports in a timely manner.
- Adheres to the standard operating procedures and work instructions.
- Attends product orientation, job-related training, and/or other company-initiated training when necessary.
- Communicates issues or concerns encountered to immediate superior.
- Ensures compliance to company rules and regulations, which shall include but not limited to the Employee Code of Discipline, the policies on Quality Management System (QMS), Information Security Management System (ISMS), Environment Health & Safety (EHS), and Environmental Management System (EMS); and other duties and responsibilities prescribed for all AMDATEX employees.
- Ensures compliance of all Non-Conformity Corrective Action Preventive Action Concession (NCAPACs) and all other audit findings within the prescribed period.
- Reports security incidents and / or any identified security weaknesses.
- Performs other tasks that may be assigned from time to time.
- Graduate of a 4-year course preferably related to Education, English, Journalism, Linguistics, or Communication Arts.
- ESL teacher training certifications are an advantage.
- Online ESL / EFL teaching experience is an advantage.
- Knowledgeable in basic PC operations
- Proficient in MS Office tools
- Knowledgeable on the Internet and can easily learn and use client provided applications and software
- Knowledgeable in presentation and facilitation skills
- Ability to deliver lessons in an animated and engaging manner
- Fluent in English with a neutral accent, and with good command of the language in both speaking and writing
- Ability to build rapport with students from diverse backgrounds and with different abilities and learning styles
- Demonstrates passion for teaching and learning
- Coachable and willing to be trained
- Hardworking, meticulous and patient
- Responsible, dynamic and flexible
- Ability to collaborate with other members of the team
- Commitment to the company’s vision and mission
- A demonstrated commitment to high professional ethical standards
- Excels at operating in a fast-paced and diverse environment
- All other competencies required for all employees of AMDATEX.
How to apply:
ADEC Innovations Knowledge Management is an equal opportunity employer. Please email your resume with cover letter and salary history to firstname.lastname@example.org with "English Language Online Teachers, Last Name, First Name” " in the subject heading.